Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Moment of Growth!


So...Nathaniel is a rambuxious lil' guy who loves challenging his boundaries. He is an active 5 year old in Kindergarten. I knew this year was going to be a little bit rough when it was his turn to actually go to school and become a "big boy" in Kindergarten. It was great on the 1st day of school, Isabel and I took him in and I thought, "this isn't that bad...pretty easy, actually." Well when I was just watching him he turned to me and said, "Mom...you can leave now!" That was the moment tears came from nowhere and started flowing like the Hoover Dam running over! I couldn't believe that he was independent enough to be on his own.

I just kept thinking, "how am I supposed to protect him?" He's in school now making all these decisions on his own. I know it is a mother's norm to see them as their little bundle of joy growing up. NO WAY! Well when Reality hits it's like WOWZA! Yes they grow up and another chapter of life begins, right?

Yes, we all know it as hard as it seems we just have to adjust and be their unconditional support with love! That is what "we" parents are to do...BELIEVE...Have FAITH!

Well he's been attending Show Low Primary School being in Kindergarten in Ms. Hardy's class and loving life. Active still = YES! Well this evening after reading and he was in bed, I went to watch my show. Grey's Anatomy it was great well routine has it that I go check on the children make sure they are covered and in bed without play and "sweet dreams" extra lil' butterfly kisses, because PRAISE THE LORD FOR OUR LIL' BLESSINGS! We just can't THANK GOD enough for them...

As I was walking out Nathaniel's room, I glanced at his lil' Cars desk to see the "Book It Program" list where he wrote the books we have read to him each evening and WATERWORKS again. It was such an amazing moment to me to view that little paper with Nathaniel's handwriting on it. He is 5 1/2 and is growing up!

I shouldn't be worried just have happiness throughout that we are providing a great foundation that he has the morals and values to make good decisions in life. There he lay with his "buddy" sleeping so soundly dreaming I'm sure of lots of dirt to play in with cars all around into his dealership or racetrack.

My baby is growing up and that was my moment of growth this evening! More to come...fore sure!!

2 comments:

That Dorn Family! said...

it's amazing how you can look at them and all of a sudden they are old. It just happens so quickly.

Cage Free said...

Awesome family, Brenda. We really enjoyed visiting with you and the children. Too bad we didn't have more time to visit. We will email pics soon.